Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ghetto Scan - Food Colored Water in Vases


This is my most hated art thing ever. It took forever and turned out poorly, but in order to have 5 pieces of "art" on here in 5 days, it needs to be posted. My first attempt at using chalk pastels, and having to draw one of the most crazy things possible... sooo many reflections... The pastels also wouldn't always stick to the page very nicely...

Oh well, I'll stop complaining. The next two aren't quite as terrible. Enjoy(ish).

3 comments:

Demeur said...

Pastels were never my favorite medium either. Try this: draw only the shaded areas of a scene and relax when you are drawing, pastels tend to come out like a soft focused photo anyway.

BlueFlame said...

Hmm... Alright I will, thanks. My teacher also suggested I buy a few sticks of brighter primary colors, as mine are a little dull to begin with...

Anonymous said...

i know who you are.. :) i found you through google looking up black roses.. so weird...

-candice