Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Moonchance



It is finally complete.

Needless to say this took me a really long time to make. It's a picture of my cat, Moonchance. She was awesome, but unfortunately passed away last fall. I've been trying to get this picture done ever since I got my tablet at Christmas, but stuff kept coming up.

It was made in photoshop, at a ridiculously high resolution (I was thinking of making it into a poster), and I used a reference for the kitty, and a very loose reference for the moon. I finished drawing Moonchance quite a while ago, but the problem was that since she was so detailed, I had to make the rest of the picture pretty detailed as well, so that nothing would look out of place. As a side note, every single star was hand drawn (well... clicked). Why? Because I'm LOCO, clearly, and once I'd decided to do it that way, it seemed like all that time would have been wasted if I had stopped half way through.

Anyhow, here it is. Enjoy. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO GOOD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO> I KNOW HIM IRL HAHA LOL


Mike "Superman is better" Nimeck

Demeur said...

That is way cool Ben. I'm a sucker for cats.

Anonymous said...

I really like this picture. I'm glad I stumbled along your site. I've been trying to find pictures for a biogeochemistry presentation I have to give and I stumbled onto your redox picture of Leo the Lion. Is there any way I can use it? I will totally credit you and the talk is only to like a handful of people. Either way is cool.

Kpohl249@hawks.rwu.edu is my email address.

Keep up the good work :)